Friday, October 15, 2004

Winter's coming...

I’ve decided to model my sales and management techniques on Al Swearengen (Ian McShane in Deadwood). He just has a great way with words.
“Here's my counter-offer to your counter-offer: go fuck yourself.”
“I want to know who cut the cheese. ”
“Don't play that shit where you make me drag your words out. Declare, or shut the fuck up.”
“I ain't pissed off. I'm in fucking wonderment. I'm waiting to be kept happy by another fucking fairytale.”
“In life you have to do a lot of things you don't fucking want to do. Many times, that's what the fuck life is... one vile fucking task after another.”
“Get the fuck out of here, doc. I'm working on my deployments and flanking manoeuvres.”
“Get a fucking haircut. Looks like your mother fucked a monkey.”

The meteorologists (charlatans) are predicting an extremely cold winter.

It is time to prepare. In some parts the world, of course, this might entail setting beaver traps before the swamps freeze to ensure a supply of warm winter coats. Or checking the roof to make sure there are no holes and it’s secure for the burden of snow. Collecting fuel. Making sure there is plenty of food and shelter for the animals.

For me, it means digging through a cupboard to find a woolly hat and taking the cat piss quilt to the launderette.

Whilst I was in Arizona, Minniecat went through a rather disturbed phase and decided to relieve her anxieties through the medium of wee, all over our 9 tog winter quilt. She made patterns and everything. We avoided tackling this particular domestic niggle by cramming the offending stinky duvet into a bin bag and shoving it on top of a wardrobe. Now, apparently, is the time to face up to our laundrily responsibilities.

They closed down my art course, as I knew they would (paucity of students). It is very sad. I arrived at class a little late on Tuesday to find some bloke with a geet big wooden staff, stark bollock naked, in an almost biblical pose. We got to sketch this strange chap (and his nude bollocks) from nine different angles around the studio before being packed off home for the last time, with all our work in a big plastic wallet.

I suppose it suits my itinerant Gemini nature to jump from one project to another without commitment so I am looking at it philosophically. According to Shelley Von Strunckel, this week has been all to do with “multiples eclipses of the Sun, volatile Mars and your ruler, Mercury”. Ok then. Explains the guy with his cock out.

No comments: